Randje Per Week

SAL Jeanny

donderdag 31 juli 2008

update Spanish Sampler


Thank you all again for all your kind comments !!

Finally I found some time to stitch on my Spanish Sampler , I still love this design !! When the stitching is done , I have to add 4 boxes of beads, so I think it will be a WIP for a long time ...



This other old Spanish Sampler , I made it in 1999 when I lived in Chile ... It was originally a design from a tablecloth , and i made a lot of changes in the design .. It is stitched on 36 count churchlinen with all kind of silk leftovers ( Au ver a soie, Caron's etc ) When the sampler was almost done , a sigaret fell on the linnen , and yep a hole in it ... about 1 inch from the last band , so it couldn't be framed anymore ... so I decided to do the edging in the nun's stitch ... and now it it just in a drawer with the others... maybe on day they all get framed ...
Hugs, Patti

6 opmerkingen:

Beth zei

WOW!! Absolutely beautiful! And purples and greens! Gee, we have alot in common!! You with your Spanish Sampler and me with my Dinky Dyes quilt squares in purples and greens. What a wonderful job you've done on it, Patti!

Hugs & stitches,
Beth

Melissa zei

Wow is right! There is a lot and I mean A LOT of work in this one! It's beautiful Patti!
Smiles-
Tootie

Carol Q zei

beautiful stitching Patti. i can appreciate why you love the Spanish Sampler. I really enjoy adding beads to stitching, it gives it a real lift and depth. look forward to seeing the finished product! LOL

staci zei

Oh my gosh, so beautiful!! And I love your sampler wall, all of your work is gorgeous!!!

Anoniem zei

Oooh geweldig wat wordt die MOOI! enne pas op voor de sigaretten hè...;)

Meari zei

Wow! They both look fabulous, Patti. :)